WHAT IS GIMP?What Do I Need For GIMP?THAT'S IT!
Gimpshop is a FREE, downloadable photo and image editing software program built to rival Adobe Photoshop.
This latest build - GimpShop 2.8.0 - represents over 17 years of development and collaboration. The GNU Image Manipulation Program (or G.I.M.P) is an Open Source program designed, maintained and supported by a team of international volunteers.
This lastest version of Gimpshop incorporates support of 16 & 32-bit color, a highly intuitive user-interface, a huge array of filters & dynamic brushes and leading-edge advanced tools that power users and professionals demand in high-end, high-priced photo and image manipulation programs like Adobe Photoshop.
Why Choose GIMP?
With millions of users worldwide, GIMP has a huge community available for support, new free tools & plugins, and full support available across dozens of languages.
A comprehensive help library and full tutorial section has been built-in to the Gimpshop 2.8 workspace, so you are always just a couple of clicks away from step-by-step guidance on hundreds of photo and image editing techniques.
Invited to participate in Google's "Summer of Code 2012", GIMP has joined the ranks of other highly popular, bleeding-edge Open-Source development projects and has confirmed it's status as a world-wide leader in photo editing software.
And as an Open-Source program, GIMP is 100% FREE. Click the Download button and install the Latest Full Version of Gimpshop 2.8 in under a minute.
GIMP VS. PHOTOSHOP
There's no question that Adobe Photoshop is an excellent image editing software program. But for those of us that can't afford up to seven hundred dollars or more to buy it, we now have the same image manipulation power at our fingertips as the high-priced, closed-source programs.
In fact, with the release of 2.8, GIMP has become the world-standard for Photo & Image Editing Software. Layers, channels, masks, filters, levels, advanced pattern matching - the remarkable feature list of GIMP is equal to Photoshop in every way Except One...THE PRICE!
Restore, touch up and manipulate photos, create complex animations, or just use GIMP as a simple paint program. The only limit is your imagination.
GIMP 2.8 FEATURES
- Pro-Level Photo Enhancing and Restoration tools easily fix image flaws. From red-eye removal to complete background / foreground replacement, to removal of unwanted images in your photo.
- Advanced Tool Settings allow you to customize your workspace to give you complete control over Photoshop-grade tools, brushes and plugins.
- Digital Image Retouching gets rid of unwanted blemishes and imperfections from your photos to help create production ready images.
- The Channel Mixer gives you the power to quickly optimize black & white photos and to easily convert your color images into a full spectrum of black & white tones.
- A completely new Cage Transform tool was developed for 2.8 as a result of the Google Summer of Code 2010. The tool takes an innovative approach to free transformation and makes it easy to warp parts of objects.
- Import and Export your images in a wide range of common file formats like: JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF - to special use formats such as multi-resolution and multi-depth Windows files.
- GIMP 2.8 introduces the single-window mode. This highly requested feature was added to give Photoshop users the look and feel of the Photoshop workspace, but allows advanced user
- to quickly toggle to multi-window mode.
- All tools rendering on canvas have been ported to Cairo to provide smooth antialiased graphics and a sleek, modern user interface.
- 2.8 features a highly expanded brush dynamics engine allowing users unprecendented control and flexibility to configure unique response curves.
- A new widget was added to meet the requirements of tablet users to simplify the use of a sytlus and provide a more compact user interface.
- From Push Button Easy, to cutting-edge techniques, the only limit to what you can do with this world class photo editing software is your imagination.